A Few Thoughts...

I am new to this blogging world, but I'm trying to 'keep up with the Jones's', so to speak. I have so much to be thankful for and wanted to share my world with anyone interested in following. Mostly, I guess, this is for my family and friends, but I am interested in broadening my world to new friends.

With this Blog, I hope to, not only update where my kids and I are and what we are doing with our lives, but also, to begin sharing a little bit about my testimony. It's been quite a journey these past 7 yrs. but I've finally reached a place in my life where I can speak and share without bitterness, anger or un-forgiveness. Now I can share from a place of healing.

Matthew 26:7 says, "there came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat."
This is my 'alabaster box' or blog, if you will. It is my most treasured thoughts about the people, things and events that mean the most to me. I hope this little blogspot of mine will help somedays and inform on other days. I'm already enjoying this little journey...

Monday, January 31, 2011

8 Years!

It's been 8 years since my life took a dramatic and unsuspecting turn.  I remember this time every year, not out of sadness, but from a place of healing.  It's the anniversary of the beginning of a new era.  Words could not express the wave of dark emotions that engulfed me during that time.  I was in so much emotional pain that it began to react in my physical body.  I was so blinded by my own discomfort that I struggled focusing on my other responsibilities in life.  I trudged along for quite a while, just trying to stay alive.  I drank heavily and mixed it with anti-depressants, anxiety meds, experimented with recreational drugs...I really hit a very dark place.  I had never experienced this kind of life.  I mean I was the good girl in my younger years.  I never missed curfew or drank, smoke, etc....you name it, I didn't do it!  However, I made up for it during this season of my life.  I'm not proud of my actions during this season, but it happened, and I can tell you now, I believe I needed to go through this to realize I didn't need these things to get through life.  I went from one extreme to the other.  


Today, 8 years later, I'm WHOLE!  I'm not perfect, but I'm WHOLE!  I have forgiven those who hurt me and used me, I am free of medical and recreational drugs, I now can enjoy wine from time to time without leaning on it to help me escape.  Balance is the best choice of words for where I live now.


My kids have been such an inspiration for continuing on in this life.  My Parents have walked with me through everything and remained true even during my self-destructive years.  Then God sent me a wonderful man to show me I could trust and believe in love again.  Ryan came along in my life, not to save me, but after I began to find balance and wholeness, as I began to believe in myself.  He was just the icing on the cake!


I had support from friends, family & most of all a God that wouldn't let me go.  He held on to me and never gave up on my lack of faith.  It wasn't easy, and it took a long time, but now I know, this mountain...I climbed and I conquered! Now it's time to celebrate life and enjoy the journey free of insecurity, unforgiveness, and living again in full TRUST and LOVE!


8 the number of NEW BEGINNINGS!

1 comment:

  1. Again I want to say you might not remember me like I remember you and your family but I used to watch your kids and your nepews. I actually became pretty close to your family and Rhen, Tony & their kids. I truly am inspired by you, your life,what you've been through & the way you have dealt with it bad & good because the bad just made you a stronger person because you know you don't thing those things to get through life! I can relate to you in so many ways even though I'm a little younger and as I was going through my troubles I would always think about you & your family & how you guys were doing. I saw you out a few times & wondered how you truly were. A lot of people look up to you and are proud of you! Much Love, Tanya

    ReplyDelete