A Few Thoughts...

I am new to this blogging world, but I'm trying to 'keep up with the Jones's', so to speak. I have so much to be thankful for and wanted to share my world with anyone interested in following. Mostly, I guess, this is for my family and friends, but I am interested in broadening my world to new friends.

With this Blog, I hope to, not only update where my kids and I are and what we are doing with our lives, but also, to begin sharing a little bit about my testimony. It's been quite a journey these past 7 yrs. but I've finally reached a place in my life where I can speak and share without bitterness, anger or un-forgiveness. Now I can share from a place of healing.

Matthew 26:7 says, "there came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat."
This is my 'alabaster box' or blog, if you will. It is my most treasured thoughts about the people, things and events that mean the most to me. I hope this little blogspot of mine will help somedays and inform on other days. I'm already enjoying this little journey...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Don't Settle Here...

As I was reading my devotion this morning, I came across this scripture:


Genesis 11:31..."Terah took his son Abram,...and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan.  But, when they came to Hanan, they settled there.


Besides the fact that I could hardly pronounce any of these names, I did realize something about this...these 2 men set out on a journey to a place of promise, but while on their journey to one place, they arrived at a location that was just before their destination of promise and settled.  I thought about how many people start the year with so many goals and resolutions and along their journey throughout the year they find a place of comfort and settle.  Just missing the destination of promise.


I want to encourage you to, not allow fatigue, despair, discouragement, sickness, failure, etc.....to keep you from your destination of Promise!  You have a goal! You have a Vision!  You have a plan!  Don't quit until you see it come to pass!  Don't settle here!  During your journey this year, you may come to a place that feels safe and everything may appear to be OK.  Push through average!  Push past your comfort zone and continue toward your Canaan!  Your Promise!  Don't Settle Here! 

This year, I'm ready to exchange what is in MY hands for what is in GOD'S Hands!  No more settling!  No more just being content in my present circumstances! I'm Pressing and Pushing towards my Promise!  I love what Martin Luther King said  "I Have a Dream".  But, I'm also glad that I am going to allow that dream to come to pass THIS Year, because with God' help, I'm gonna make it happen.  Don't depend on others to fulfill your destiny.  Don't just DREAM, Go Get it for YOURSELF!  Don't depend on someone else to come along and make you happy and fulfill your heart's desires.  "...but WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, to him that believes".  I'm not only putting my Faith to work, but I'm going to work, to accomplish the goals and dreams God has given me for this year!


You can do this!  DON'T SETTLE HERE!  This is my motto for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment