A Few Thoughts...

I am new to this blogging world, but I'm trying to 'keep up with the Jones's', so to speak. I have so much to be thankful for and wanted to share my world with anyone interested in following. Mostly, I guess, this is for my family and friends, but I am interested in broadening my world to new friends.

With this Blog, I hope to, not only update where my kids and I are and what we are doing with our lives, but also, to begin sharing a little bit about my testimony. It's been quite a journey these past 7 yrs. but I've finally reached a place in my life where I can speak and share without bitterness, anger or un-forgiveness. Now I can share from a place of healing.

Matthew 26:7 says, "there came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat."
This is my 'alabaster box' or blog, if you will. It is my most treasured thoughts about the people, things and events that mean the most to me. I hope this little blogspot of mine will help somedays and inform on other days. I'm already enjoying this little journey...

Friday, January 7, 2011

I'm Handling the Circumstances, but Living The DREAM!!!

I started the year with such vigor and excitement over a dream/desire/vision, that I had for my future.  I started making plans, moving mountains, creating ideas, just beside myself with anticipation for this dream to unfold.  


At the point, I felt invincible, you know the point at which everything is going right, you think that nothing can stop you...BAM!!!  It happens.  The bottom falls out!  


I hit a wall that came out of nowhere.  It had nothing to do with my goals and dreams.  My stumbling block had to do with my past.  The part of my life that I thought I had overcome and let go of, put behind me.  It's amazing, to me, that something you truly felt like you had been delivered from and worked at so hard to forgive and let go of could come back to threaten you.  Even many many years later down the road.  


I sulked, I cried, I lost sleep and stepped out of my life plan for a brief moment. As I mulled over the events unfolding, it came to me...although, I've made mistakes in the past, I've moved on!  I did what I was suppose to do to move past it all and now what's holding me back is me!  My perception of my past.


 I'm living in the present, and my future depends on my actions NOW!  If I allow the past to paralyze me, it still controls who I am and where I'm going.  I have to be mature enough to realize the past doesn't go away and there will be times I'll have to face it, but I WILL NOT allow it to steal the plan that is in motion for my life now.  


This is simply something the enemy is trying to trip me up with and stop the wheels in motion.  


Yep!  That's where I'm at.  It set me back a few hours or so, I didn't sleep well.  But, I woke up this morning and felt surrounded by God.  I'm realizing, that what's holding me back is my perception of my past.  I'm not going to live in Condemnation!  This is a NEW Day, A NEW Beginning!  


I encourage you to press through the perception you have of the events of your past.  You've been given a new lease on life.  A NEW Path to experience and embrace.  Don't allow people or events to detain the Promise that is alive inside of you!  Dust off all the junk and crud that is trying to bury you and stand tall, knowing that this time YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT!  This time, you WILL accomplish what you set out to do!  


So today, the sun is shining bright outside and I'm going to do my best to allow the SON to shine bright on the inside, of me!  I'm handling the circumstances, but I'm living the DREAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment