A Few Thoughts...

I am new to this blogging world, but I'm trying to 'keep up with the Jones's', so to speak. I have so much to be thankful for and wanted to share my world with anyone interested in following. Mostly, I guess, this is for my family and friends, but I am interested in broadening my world to new friends.

With this Blog, I hope to, not only update where my kids and I are and what we are doing with our lives, but also, to begin sharing a little bit about my testimony. It's been quite a journey these past 7 yrs. but I've finally reached a place in my life where I can speak and share without bitterness, anger or un-forgiveness. Now I can share from a place of healing.

Matthew 26:7 says, "there came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat."
This is my 'alabaster box' or blog, if you will. It is my most treasured thoughts about the people, things and events that mean the most to me. I hope this little blogspot of mine will help somedays and inform on other days. I'm already enjoying this little journey...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friends

Last night I had the opportunity to share an evening with old and new friends.  As I reflected on the events of the night I felt full of joy and a sense of wholeness.  It's amazing how the older, or rather the more mature, you grow in life the more you come to appreciate those that have come into your life.  Rather from years past, or those you meet for the first time and are just learning about who they are and from where in life they came.


I looked at each person that I shared the evening with, and realized I had learned something from each of them that had made me the woman I am today.  When we are younger, sometimes  we take our friendships for granted and we miss out on what could become a lifetime friend.  We become quick to cut people out of our lives thinking we don't need them, however, sometimes friendships are like a marriage...you need to stick it out because you never know what great things are on the other side of the mess. 


I believe you can surround yourself with 'toxic friends' that really end up hurting you and your progress in life, so, you need to distance yourself in order to become a healthier person.  I do believe, that some of our friendships, that we develop over our lifetime, have seasons of closeness, and then seasons of separation, if for no other reason but to grow.  Just because you may not be as close to some people today that you were close to years ago, does not mean that you should discard them or count them out of your life.  May be it was just a change of season needed for both parties to grow and mature and appreciate.


It makes my heart smile to know I have GREAT Friends!  I've had good times, bad times, times of crying, times of being humiliated and embarrassed, and times of pain with ALL of those I call friends.  But it is because of these emotions that I love my friends more today than I ever thought possible.  Friends are the sugar of life....they sweetin' the bumpy road you walk in life.  


I am fulfilled with the ones God has placed in my life!  I'm looking forward to the new ones he has yet to send my way.  Some I know very well, others I'm just getting to know.  My very dear friend, Erin said it best...I love friends that after long periods of time just pick up from where the conversation left off! 


Life is GREAT and it's because of my Friends that I am enjoying the journey!





1 comment:

  1. Yes! So true!! I appreciate the seasons now more than ever. I used to try and hold on to certain relationships thinking it was the right thing to do but not every person that comes into your life is meant to stay, and I'm ok with that! love you!

    Its crazy to think that I met you guys in the beginning of 2000- here we are 11 years later! Craziness!!

    ReplyDelete